You’re Stronger Than You Think
You are so much stronger than you think. I know because I’m sure you’ve experienced some setback and disappointment that really tested you, and well…here you are. I know because we all face moments like these countless times in our lives. Yet we often focus on the lows and not the moments when we had everything it takes to bounce back. What we often refer to as “strength,” is really a human trait we all share called resilience – the capacity to recover from difficulties.
Many of you know that a few months ago I experienced one of those kinds of setbacks with the publishing of my book. It was the kind that has you rattled, confused and disappointed. I was faced with a huge decision, either keep pushing forward through the mud of struggle and disappointment or make a course change into the unknown. What I can tell you now is that I faced my fears about taking on those challenges and it has been totally worth it.
- I made a stand for my integrity and purpose
- I ended a non-working relationship
- I discovered what I need from partners and collaborators
- I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of
- I gained skills that will serve me down the road
All this because I hit the end of my rope and found a way to climb back up. I’m stronger for it. You are too.
Take this little quiz to see for yourself:
- Name 3 times in the past year when you didn’t get what you wanted and realized later that it was actually okay.
- Name 3 times in the past year when you fell down (metaphorically or actually) and then got back up.
- Name 2 times in the past year when you didn’t win, yet continued to “play the game.” Game=whatever you enjoy!
- Name 2 times in the last year when you made a “mistake” and managed to fix it without beating yourself up.
- Name 1 time in the past year when someone hurt your feelings and you were able to let it go.
- Name 1 time in the past year when you were disappointed or discouraged and found a better way.
We all face situations when we’re forced to either wallow in our troubles or get up, make a change of some kind and carry on. We bounce back all the time, but we don’t give ourselves credit for it. We often don’t even know where we get the “strength” to keep going. But I’ll tell you, it’s called resilience. I like to think of it as our Soul keeping it’s chin up through the tough times. Resilience encourages us from within to keep moving closer and closer to the greatest versions of who we are.
So just for today, focus on how resilient you are. The proof is in the fact that you are here. You haven’t given up. You haven’t been swallowed by your fears. You keep pushing forward, giving all you’ve got to this life. Recognize that your Soul walks with chin up, heart on fire, always. THAT is who you are.
Love you all…