5 Things to Tell Yourself to Get Started
Have you ever been on the verge of beginning something new and exciting?
Today I wanted to share with you 5 Things to Tell Yourself to Get Started and what to keep in mind if you have a dream worth chasing (because aren’t they all?)
There will be no perfect timing, the right amount of money, nor enough information to get started. If we had all that now, we’d already be doing the thing we wish we could start. We must generate the courage to begin without it.
Thousands of people block their desire with a thing we call waiting for perfect.
I need more money and time. I need a degree. I need support, or a partner, or a place.
We wait for things to align, but what we really want is our own permission.
We falsely believe that things line up from the outside and then we can get started, but it really works the other way around. We need to bring ourselves into alignment, then open the door to our desire and let it out to play.
Here are five things to tell yourself to get started:
- My head and heart are on the same team and want what’s best for me in the here and now. I am on the way and actively pursuing my dreams. I am listening to the quiet voice within.
- My ego is resilient. It can take a little bruising here and there and be okay. My ego will always try to protect my image and it’s up to me to become aware of its discomfort with change and see it for what it is.
- Anything worthwhile requires risk, time and money. I can start small with what I have in the way of courage, funding and spare time. More is always on its way. As my commitment grows, so do my resources.
- My creative energy is attractive. The right people will appear in my life at the time when I need them if I am creating that need. I am willing to meet new people in new places.
- I give myself permission to pursue my dreams, to fail, to make mistakes and to try again. I am the author and authority of my own story. I need not wait on anyone or anything.
You could end up waiting your whole life – many people do – for the permission that is never going to come. No one is going to hand you walking papers for your dreams. You have to take your baby steps with the knowledge that you’re doing it, even if the progress seems small.
Give yourself permission. Say Yes. Say I am _________________.
Thanks, everyone for tuning in this week. What baby steps are you taking today? What do you tell yourself to keep going?