I’d like to begin with a great big thank you to James Dee Clayton for nominating my blog site for the “Real Neat Blog Award.” It is my first blog award and I feel so honored!
Below are my answers to the award’s survey questions.
1. Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Almost all of my readers are in the US.
2. What is your favourite sport?
Well, I know that some people don’t think it is a “sport,” but considering how much training I put into dancing, it def is a sport to me. It keeps me physically fit, emotionally happy and engaged with life and other people like nothing else I’ve ever experienced.
3. What has been a special moment for you in 2014?
2014 became the year I was single and living on my own for the first time in over 30 years. My last child went to college and I had the house to myself. I miss them, yes, but the alone time has given me the opportunity to begin exploring anew and recreating the kind of life that makes me really happy.
4. What is your favourite quote?
I have lots of favs-as do most people, I’m sure, but there has been one that has stuck with me for years now: “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are a hundred ways to kneel and kiss the ground.”― Rumi
5. What was your favourite class when still at school?
I really liked Social Studies – I think it was just fascinating to me to know there was so much in World available to explore and so many different people to know. I loved the idea of differences and diversity. I loved the pictures, imagining myself going there – still do.
6. Anything you wished to have learned earlier?
A lot, but mostly I wish that I had learned how to put my own dreams first, to not let my need for acceptance or approval cause me to follow someone else and their dreams while sacrificing mine. I wish I had learned to value myself more, much earlier. I think I am doing ok now, though.
7. What musical instrument have you tried to play?
I “tried” to play guitar; but never got very good at it. In middle school I played Clarinet in the band. Today, I just dance while other people play.
In appreciation, I want to nominate the following “Real Neat” and awesome blogs to receive this award as well.
For wisdom I choose Luzia – https://luzialight.wordpress.com
For faith I choose Robin – http://begintobelieve.com
For insight I choose Dan – http://livingwithconfidence.net
For freedom I choose the Craves Adventurer – https://cravesadventure.wordpress.com
Here are the rules for those who accept the game –
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you (same ones I answered).
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)